The master's degree program in Bioinformatics at the University of Potsdam, is an interdisciplinary, research-oriented program. The focus of the program is on systems biology, and is dedicated to the analysis of biological data and their integration in modeling of complex biological systems.
Further priorities are the use of bioinformatics methods in breeding high-yielding plants as well as in identifying the mechanisms of action of small molecules and their pharmacological applications.
The master's degree program in bioinformatics aims at providing the basis for cross-disciplinary, independent research work.
The program further aims at preparing the students for their future endeavors at universities and research institutions, governmental agencies, in biotechnological or biomedical companies, as well as for their involvement in teaching and education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Algorithmic and Mathematical Bioinformatics
- Statistical Bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics of Biological Sequences (Evolutionary Genomics)
- Analysis of Cellular Networks
- Introduction to Theoretical Systems Biology
- Constraint-based Modeling of Cellular Networks
- Data Integration in Cellular Networks
- Advanced methods for Analysis of Biochemical networks
- Quantitative Genetics
- Image Processing and Phenotyping in Bioinformatics
- Structural Bioinformatics
- Machine Learning in Bioinformatics
- Integration of cellular layers and systems
- Practical sequence analysis
- Introduction to databases and practical programming
- Programming expertise
- State of Art in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Molecular, structural and evolutionary biology for informaticians
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Bioinformatics View 15 other Masters in Bioinformatics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applying for a master’s degree generally requires you to hold an undergraduate degree, such as a bachelor’s degree. Your degree can be in biology. Other successfully completed university degrees in bioinformatics, computer science, physics or mathematics, not related to teaching programs, and with at least 180 credit points also qualify you for admission, as long as at least 6 credit points in programming can be documented.
- In order to be considered for the Bioinformatics master's degree program, you will also need English skills at B2 level, and, if German is not your native language, also German language skills commensurate with the A2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
280 Euros per semester administrative fee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.