The Health, Safety and Environment Engineering MEng program at Khalifa University is designed for the educational preparation of two types of professionals:
- Engineering graduates who are currently working as engineers in industry and who intend to stay in that type of job, but who want to embed HSE in their engineering functions. These graduates will have diverse capabilities in the various aspects of HSE and will use this knowledge to manage risk as they devise optimal engineering and operational solutions within the constraints of regulatory mandates and best practices.
- Engineering graduates who wish to assume varying levels of HSE responsibilities in one or more aspects of a company’s HSE department/program. These graduates will have sufficient background to assume the role of a general HSE engineering practitioner/ manager while possessing additional capabilities in any one of the offered HSE areas of concentrations.
The objectives of the Master of Engineering in HSE Engineering program are to:
- Provide graduates with outstanding education, management skills and knowledge to further their career aspirations.
- Provide graduates with effective communication and teamwork skills to function successfully in their careers.
- Provide graduates with a quality education committed to excellence and innovation that fosters leadership, professionalism and life-long learning.
Scientific and Technical Writing
Industrial Hygiene Engineering
Hazard Control in Production Systems
System Safety Engineering and Risk Management
Fire Protection Engineering
QHSE Program Management
Ergonomics and Human Factors Engineering
Research Methods in HSE
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Health Sciences Risk Management View 8 other Masters in Risk Management in United Arab Emirates
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent (e.g. an upper second-class honors in a UK-style degree, from a reputable accredited institution)
- Applicants for all programs should attempt all three sections of the GRE
- A minimum level of English proficiency
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview
International23022 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1279 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National23022 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1279 EUR per credit during 24 months.
AED 5,000 per credit hour
Living costs for Abu Dhabi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.