The Islam and Global Affairs program of the Hamad Bin Khalifa University encourages students to be active, autonomous, and critical contributors in their chosen field of research. Through research and integrative lab assignments, they are able to explore complex, interconnected global issues in collaboration with local and international organizations. Graduates of this program will possess the skills to become multidimensional ethical global leaders and change makers.
Students of the program analyze how Islam promotes a concern for human well-being and dignity on a global level. They develop a deeper understanding of how the values of Islamic teachings promote peace and cooperation across cultures, religions, and geographies.
- The purpose of the MA in IGA is to provide opportunities to examine issues pertaining to Islam and global developments by utilizing innovative teaching and learning strategies. The program offers both traditional and disruptive learning tools, techniques, and methods to study the complex relationships between Islam, human development, and economic transformation in the Muslim world and globally.
- The student-centered approach and individualized learning experience embodies a global focus, interdisciplinary approach, and practical scope, through the utilization of multiple creative components.
- Integrative Lab (I-Lab): Students are supported with creative design, thinking tools, and production platforms. I-Labs provide personalized working spaces and international exposure to enable them to work on and develop solutions to a global problem.
- Global Inequalities
- Islam, Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding
- Globalization and Faith-Based Development
- Special Topics in Islam & Global Affairs
- Islam and Global Governance
- Humanitarian Action in the Muslim World
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations Islamic Studies Political Science
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Hamad Bin Khalifa University and/or in Qatar, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA out of 4.0) from a recognized university
- IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 79
- Official electronic copies of transcripts and graduation statements should be submitted as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation
- Applicants should submit a personal statement as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit a copy of their current resume or curriculum vitae
- All applicants should submit an electronic copy of their passport as part of the online application
International9887 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19774 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National9887 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19774 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- QAR 72,000 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.