The Chemical Engineering MSc program at Khalifa University gives candidates the opportunity to deepen their knowledge in the broad field of CE and contribute to the process of discovery and knowledge creation through the conduct of original research. Candidates for this degree are taught and supervised by experienced faculty and are expected to demonstrate initiative in their approach and innovation in their work. In addition to successfully completing the taught course component of the program, candidates prepare and present a thesis on their chosen area. Research may be undertaken in several topics corresponding to the areas of focus identified by the University.
The educational goals (objectives) of the M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering program at Khalifa University are to produce graduates who:
- Advance professionally and be recognized as leaders in their chosen fields.
- Apply their technical expertise to address the needs of society in critical, creative, ethical, and innovative manner.
- Further develop their knowledge and skills through graduate education and professional schools.
- Advanced Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Mathematical Methods in Chemical Engineering
- Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Transport Phenomena
- Polymer Reaction Engineering
- Numerical Methods in Chemical Engineering
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Mathematics Chemistry View 4 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in United Arab Emirates
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 out of 4.0, or equivalent (e.g. an upper second-class honors in a UK-style degree, from a reputable accredited institution)
- A minimum level of English proficiency
- A minimum quantitative score of 150 in the general Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required. Applicants for all programs should attempt all three sections of the GRE.
- A minimum of two referee recommendations (provided via online form)
- Statement of purpose (500-1,000 words)
- Admission interview
International23022 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1279 EUR per credit during 24 months.
National23022 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1279 EUR per credit during 24 months.
AED 5,000 per credit hour
Living costs for Abu Dhabi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.