There are three routes you can select from to gain a postgraduate Master’s award:
- MSc Petroleum Engineering – one year full time
- MSc Petroleum Engineering – two years part time
- MSc Petroleum Engineering (with Advanced Practice) two years full time
The MSc Petroleum Engineering (with Advanced Practice) at Teesside University offers you the chance to enhance your qualification by completing an internship, research or study abroad experience in addition to the content of the one-year MSc.
The programme of lectures and project work encompasses a range of petroleum fundamentals, pertinent to the modern petroleum industry. Project work provides an opportunity for ideas and methods, assimilated through lectures and tutorials, to be applied to real field evaluation and development design problems.
This course provides specialist education tailored to the upstream and downstream petroleum industry. The relevance of this education, combined with our careful selection of candidates, has encouraged oil and gas companies to target our graduates for recruitment over the years.
The petroleum industry is subject to dramatic changes of fortune over time, with the oil price capable of very rapid rates of change in either direction. Petroleum, however, remains the dominant source of energy with current world production of oil and gas at record rates. In this environment, companies face increasing technological and commercial challenges to keep their wells flowing and are increasingly dependent on input from petroleum engineers and geoscientists.
It is widely recognised that a steady influx of fresh people and ideas is vital for the longer-term success and stability of an organisation. As a result, it is expected that recruitment will continue, especially if you have the motivation and appropriate qualifications.
Our one-year MSc Petroleum Engineering course is accredited by the Energy Institute under licence from the Engineering Council. This means that it meets the requirements for further learning for Chartered Engineer (CEng) under the provisions of UK-SPEC.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Drill Engineering and Well Completion
- Hydrocarbon Production Engineering
- Material Balance and Recovery Mechanisms
- Petroleum Chemistry
- Petroleum Economics and Simulation
- Petroleum Reservoir Engineering
- Practical Health and Safety Skills
- Research and Study Skills
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 79 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in United Kingdom
- You are normally expected to have at least a 2.2 UK honours degree (or equivalent) qualification. A range of degree subjects are acceptable including petroleum engineering, geology, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, geophysics, chemical engineering, petrophysics, physics, mathematics or chemistry.
International7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 20 months.
National4335 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4335 GBP per year and a duration of 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.