This course adds an advanced practice module to our one-year master’s and is an opportunity to enhance your qualification by an internship, research or study abroad experience.
You enhance your technical skills in various core areas of civil engineering, such as advanced structural design, advanced geotechnics, and water and waste water treatment processes. You also further develop your conceptual understanding of critical aspects of structural engineering, such as advanced structural analysis and design, and become familiar with complex analysis and design techniques, modelling the causes and solutions of problems involving the real behaviour of structures. You acquire an advanced knowledge and understanding of the design of structures under dynamic and earthquake conditions.
Advanced project planning and visualisation methods, such as building information modelling, are also integrated into the course. The dissertation is an opportunity to conduct a supervised research project, developing original knowledge in a specific area of civil or structural engineering.
The Civil and Structural Engineering (with Advanced Practice) course from Teesside University equips you with the relevant technical and transferrable skills to pursue a career as a civil or structural engineer or technical manager with leading multidisciplinary consultancies or contractors, as well as research and government organisations.
- Advanced Geotechnics
- Advanced Practice
- Advanced Project Planning and Visualisation
- Advanced Structural Analysis with Dynamics
- Advanced Structural Design
- Engineering Research Project
- Water and Waste Water Treatment Processes
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- You will need a first degree in civil engineering, structural engineering or relevant engineering discipline equivalent to at least a UK second class (2.2) honours degree. Students with a degree awarded outside the UK must also meet the University's minimum English language requirements.
- Non-EU international students who need a student visa to study in the UK should check our web pages on UKVI-compliant English language requirements. The University also provides pre-sessional English language courses if you do not meet the minimum English language requirement.
- Non-UK students must also meet the University's minimum English language requirements.
International8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 20 months.
National4335 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4335 GBP per year during 20 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.