The Master of Nursing (Research) offered at Edith Cowan University course is directed both at students with an interest in research and those planning a research career, preparing nurses to practice in the field of nursing research.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply cognitive, technical and creative skills to explore and extend contemporary practice through research activities.
- Apply communication and collaboration skills to analyse, and disseminate research that makes a contribution to knowledge in the field of nursing.
- Reflect critically on a complex body of nursing knowledge, research principles and methods to demonstrate mastery in the field of nursing.
- Use high-level self-management skills to plan and execute a substantial piece of research.
- To enhance current clinical practice as a nurse and the potential for research intensive positions.
Possible future job titles
- Nurse, research, higher degree by research
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Preparation: Principles and Approaches
- Literature Review
- Masters Thesis Preparation
- Masters Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend you apply as soon as you can. It's best to receive an offer as early as possible so you can prepare for orientation and semester start.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Administration View 74 other Masters in Nursing in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 099201F
The following course-specific admission requirements are mandatory and must be satisfied by all applicants. These requirements are in addition to or supersede the minimum requirements outlined within the Academic admission requirements band section below.All applicants are required to have a Bachelor Degree in Nursing, with equivalents considered, and be a Registered Nurse in any country.Academic admission requirements (Band 8) may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline; or
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience.
International35400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35400 AUD per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 AUD per year during 24 months.
The Australian Government's Research Training Program provides tuition fee offsets for domestic students who are enrolled in Higher Degree by Research courses.
Living costs for Joondalup
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.