The Master of Paramedic Practitioner offered at Edith Cowan University course focuses on the clinical issues directly related to practice and develops a greater depth of understanding to enhance clinical decision making and critical thinking. Students will learn advanced-level clinical reasoning, assessment and knowledge to apply to their daily paramedical practice, while at the same time learning advanced skills in evidence-based practice and research.
The combination of advanced clinical knowledge and applied research skills provides students with the ability to continuously improve their own clinical practice, as well as positively impact the organisation they are employed by, the broader Paramedicine community and healthcare system.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Apply cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, evaluate and synthesise complex ideas, concepts and theories in authentic Paramedic Practitioner contexts.
- Apply communication, collaboration and clinical reasoning skills in professional paramedic practice contexts.
- Reflect critically on a complex body of medical and paramedical knowledge, research principles and methods to demonstrate mastery as a Paramedic Practitioner.
- Use high level self-management skills to initiate, appraise and operate in complex and dynamic paramedic practitioner professional environments.
Graduates of this program will be well-placed to take on the clinical leadership challenges of Paramedicine.
Possible future job titles
Paramedic Practitioner, Paramedic, Extended Care Paramedic, Advanced Care Paramedic, Community Paramedic
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Extended Care Paramedicine
- Advanced Obstetrics for Paramedics
- Paediatrics for Critical Care Paramedics
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Research Proposal Preparation and Research Methods
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend you apply as soon as you can. It's best to receive an offer as early as possible so you can prepare for orientation and semester start.
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences View 130 other Masters in Health Administration in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 096066K
- The following course-specific admission requirements are mandatory and must be satisfied by all applicants. These requirements are in addition to or supersede the minimum requirements outlined within the Academic admission requirements band section below.
- All applicants are required to have a Bachelors degree in Paramedicine, or a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma of Extended Care Paramedicine, with equivalents considered. Alternatively applicants can apply with equivalent prior learning including at least five years appropriate professional experience.
- It is desirable that all applicants Current Paramedic Registration with AHPRA or UK HCPC or NZ Paramedic Council, with equivalents considered.
International23866 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35800 AUD for the full programme during 18 months.
National14733 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22100 AUD for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Joondalup
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.