The Spatial Science (Property Studies) programme from Namibia University of Science and Technology is interdisciplinary, covering all spatial studies fields available within the Faculty of Natural Resources and Spatial Sciences.
The precise focus of the research will be determined through dialogue between the candidate and supervising staff and will fall within the scope of the approved research clusters of Faculty of Natural Resources and Spatial Sciences
Upon completing the Master of Spatial Science programme, students will be able to:
- Develop and present a comprehensive research proposal and associated research plan;
- Plan and conduct rigorous supervised research to internationally recognised standards by collecting, analysing, interpreting and evaluating quantitative and/or qualitative data;
- Demonstrate capacity for independent thinking and research;
- Produce a thesis which applies and/or develops appropriate tools for the planning and execution of a problem-driven research project;
- Demonstrate professional work ethic by producing the requisite combination of research, analysis and professional communication;
- Present research work in a professional and effective way, catering for a wide range of specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Thesis- Extension
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants who hold qualifications from recognised institutions at NQF Level 8, or equivalent, in disciplines related to Spatial Sciences may be considered for admission.
- Applicants need to provide evidence of having conducted supervised research and may be required to make up specific deficiencies at the discretion of the Postgraduate Studies Committee. In addition, applicants may be required to attend a pre-selection interview and/or test at the discretion of the Department.
International2027 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2027 USD per year during 24 months.
National2027 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2027 USD per year during 24 months.
- N$ 31,840/ year 1
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.