The degree in Health Sciences at the Namibia University of Science and Technology is designed for candidates with Health Sciences background who seek to deepen and enhance competencies in specific area of Health Sciences. The programme builds on previously acquired theoretical and practical knowledge at NQF level 8 and other industrial experiences to investigate and develop innovative ideas and products to solve problems in the field of Health Sciences.
Hence, it is designed to enhance critical thinking and applied techniques in order to contribute meaningfully to the advancement of innovative and applied research in Health Sciences for the benefit of the society.
- Health Information Systems Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences provides professional programmes aimed at the production of cadres and specialists concerned with the improvement of public health through: Disease prevention and control, emergency medical care, disease diagnosis, patient care and management.
- The Faculty consists of three departments: Health Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics as well as Natural and Applied Sciences. The Faculty currently offers Bachelor of Science professional degree programmes in Biomedical Sciences and Environmental Health Sciences.
- The Faculty also offers the following bachelor degrees: Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Honours degree in Applied Mathematics, Honours degree in Applied Statistics as well as a Bachelor degree programme in Pre- Hospital Emergency Care.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates may be considered for admission into the Master of Health Sciences if they possess a Bachelor of Environmental Health Sciences, Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences or Bachelor of Emergency Medical Care Honours at NQF Level 8 from the Namibia University of Science and Technology or equivalent qualification from recognised institutions.
- A four-year tertiary pre-NQF qualification with emphasis in Health Sciences may also be considered. Hence, holders of appropriate qualifications in Health Sciences that meet the requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis depending on internal capacity.
International1504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National1504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 22,410 Nad
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.