The programme on the outcomes of the Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering (BEng: Civil), and aims at providing practice-orientated education for high-level engineers and specialist that are able to provide practical solutions to real-world civil engineering related problems in Namibia and beyond. The curriculum is structured to facilitate specialisation in the areas of Structures, Transportation and Water.
This programme in Civil Engineering at the Namibia University of Science and Technology will, furthermore enable students to evaluation and design complex and innovative systems in the above mentioned areas of specialisation using advanced analytical, design, as well as management tools and techniques in order to address societal needs. Students will also be capacitated to work and study independently, synthesis knowledge at the forefront of Civil Engineering, and conduct research using the scientific method. This programme will be a combination of coursework and a thesis.
- Engieneering managers
- Senior Engineers, Consultants
- Researchers, Academics
- Construction Management and Methods
- Sustainable Development and Institutional
- Advanced Structural Analysis and Structural
- GIS and Data Management
- Finite Element Analysis
- Advanced Design of Steel Structures
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 3 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Namibia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Civil Engineering, or an equivalent qualification at NQF Level 8 from recognised institution; or a pre-NQF professional or four-year Bachelor degree, with a professional project or research component from a recognised institution evaluated as appropriate by the Department.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English Communication at post-graduate level, as demonstrated by the fact that the undergraduate degree was done in the medium of English. If the undergraduate degree was not obtained in the medium of English, then the applicant will be required to show proficiency in the medium of English through achieving at least band 7 of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or an equivalent.
- Final selection of candidates will be approved by the Postgraduate Studies Committee.
International3955 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3955 USD per year during 24 months.
National3955 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3955 USD per year during 24 months.
- N$ 62,140/ year 1
Living costs for Windhoek
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.