The course at National University of Ireland, Galway is designed for those who wish to follow careers as Biomedical Scientists in research, the Health Service or in the wider context of biomedical science (including Medical Technologies, Bio-pharmaceutical and other Healthcare industries). Using state of the art technologies and a range of skills from scientific, engineering and clinical disciplines to understand and investigate questions originating in biology and medicine. You will be introduced to science and engineering disciplines you will not have covered in your undergraduate studies. You will have access to some of Ireland’s leading researchers in this area. A major objective of the course is to introduce students to an interdisciplinary approach to Biomedical Science, which utilises technologies and skills from a wide spectrum of scientific, engineering and clinical disciplines.
Located in the heart of Ireland’s biomedical device industry cluster, NUI Galway offers excellent career opportunities for biomedical science graduates. A wide variety of career opportunities exists for graduates of this programme. These include research and development in medical devices or pharmaceuticals in an industrial or academic setting, medical device sales, work in hospital laboratories and further postgraduate studies.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Research & Minor Thesis
- Tissue Engineering
- Radiation and Medical Physics
- Materials, Science & Biomaterials
- Applied Biomedical Sciences
- Introduction To Business
- Regulatory Compliance in Healthcare Manufacturing
- Molecular Medicine
- Scientific Writing
- Human Body Structure
- Protein Technology
- Human Body Function
- Fundamental Concepts in Pharmacology
- Cell & Molecular Biology: Advanced Technologies
- Advanced Tissue Engineering
- Literature analysis and presentation skills in Biomedical Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biology View 7 other Masters in Biomedicine in Ireland
- Graduates who have a first class or second class honours Level 8 BSc degree in a relevant biological or biomedical sciences, physical sciences or engineering field
- Graduates with a Level 7 degree and who can demonstrate that they have at least 2–3 years relevant experience in research or the Medical Technology, Healthcare or Biotechnology industry
- English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in each element of the test) or equivalent
International17750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17750 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7215 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7215 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.