Skills that you will acquire include the ability to:
- analyse, critically evaluate, and apply methods of computational finance to practical problems, including pricing of derivatives and risk assessment
- analyse and critically evaluate methods and general principles of computational finance and their applicability to specific problems
- work with methods and techniques such as clustering, regression, support vector machines, boosting, decision trees, and neural networks
- analyse and critically evaluate applicability of machine learning algorithms to problems in finance
Our graduates from the Computational Finance course at Royal Holloway University of London enter into successful careers in academia or in companies or organisations operating in highly competitive areas. In recent years, these have included Amazon, American Express, BGL Group, Bupa, Capita, Centrica, EY, Facebook, Google, Hortonworks, JP Morgan, Microsoft, ONS, PWC, QuintilesIMS, Rolls Royce, Shell, UBS, VMware, Xerox and the Z/Yen Group.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data Analysis
- Programming for Data Analysis
- Database Systems
- Foundations of Finance
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Individual Project
- Machine Learning
- Computation with Data
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no deadlines for postgraduate applications, but popular degrees become full quickly.
DisciplinesFinance Machine Learning View 844 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
2:1 in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, or another subject that includes a strong element of both mathematics and computing.
- Normally we require a UK 2:1 (Honours) or equivalent in relevant subjects but we will consider high 2:2 or relevant work experience. Candidates with professional qualifications in an associated area may be considered. Where a ‘good 2:2’ is considered, we would normally define this as reflecting a profile of 57% or above.
- IELTS: 6.5 overall. No subscore lower than 5.5.
International21000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA11600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11600 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Royal Holloway Principal's Masters scholarship
- Bedford Society scholarship
- RHBNC Trust scholarship
- American Foundation of RHBNC International Excellence scholarship
- Brian Harris scholarship
- Royal Holloway is committed to supporting and developing the next generation of researchers. We recognise funding is often an obstacle for talented students, so we offer a variety of funding packages which include studentships funded by the College, the Research Councils and external partners.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.