Graduates of the Geosciences programme offered at Graz University of Technology (TU Graz) are in demand nationally and internationally – in research institutions, industry, engineering firms, mining, public administration and museums.
- You will acquire advanced knowledge in geology, palaeontology and stratigraphy, petrology and geochemistry, mineralogy and hydrogeochemistry, hydrogeology and engineering geology.
- You will learn methods for work and analysis in the subject areas of the geosciences.
- You will apply your knowledge in practical field and laboratory work, courses, seminars and excursions.
- You will autonomously develop concepts for investigation of geogenic systems and resources.
- You will solve questions in materials and environmental science.
- You will plan scientific projects and will carry them out by yourself and in a team.
- You will learn to recognise natural hazards and environmental risks and to characterise them quantitatively.
- You will study the ethical, societal and economic aspects of geosciences.
- You will learn to apply your knowledge universally and in an interdisciplinary setting and to use modern information technologies.
- You will choose individual topics to focus on and will study subject areas of your own choosing at an advanced level.
Career OptionsThe master's programme in Geosciences prepares students for a scientific career in all subject areas of the geosciences. Additionally, the programme constitutes professional training for work in the following fields:
- Geosciences and environmental sciences
- Resources – water and mineral raw materials
- Environmental analytics, management and protection
- Mining and processing of minerals
- Chemical industry
- Materials industry
- Water and energy
- Environmental remediation and recycling
- Construction and construction materials industry
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Biosphere's Role in Earth System
- Geoscience Excursion
- Applied Hydrogeology
- Workshop in Geosciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 19 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Austria
According to the curriculum, graduates of the following bachelor’s programmes offered at TU Graz and University of Graz will be accepted without an admission procedure:
- Bachelor's programme Geosciences
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- 363.36 Euro in the general admission period
- 399.70 Euro in the additional admission period
- 726.72 Euro for non-EU foreign nationals
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.