You will need an advisor and will conduct research under your advisor’s supervision. This Environmental Engineering program offered by University of Windsor is designed to be completed in two years.
Scholarships and graduate assistantships are available by application.
Continuation of your education is possible with this degree.
A major paper option is also available. You will take eight courses and will conduct less advanced research resulting in a Major Paper over approximately two years.
Areas of Specialization
Geotechnical: Major equipment is available to measure triaxial compression, direct shear, unconfined compression, compaction and bearing ratio on soils and subgrades. A cold room with a computer data acquisition system for measuring the load/deformation characteristics of soil-structure interactions is used for cold region engineering.
Hydraulics: Two hydraulic laboratories are equipped with three flumes for analysis of unidirectional flow, including one tilting flume, one wave flume and one scour basin. Equipment is available for detailed measurements of flow velocity and turbulence, water, surface and bed surface profiling.
Structures: State-of-the-art equipment facilities are available in the Structures Laboratory to meet the research needs of graduate and undergraduate students. A one-dimensional shaking table, a computer-controlled fatigue-testing machine, and a high-capacity reaction floor for large-scale structural tests are among the key facilities used by graduate students. The research group in structures also maintains high-end computers and a range of finite-element analysis packages for student training.
Transportation: The Transportation Systems Innovation (TSI) laboratory provides opportunities for training and higher education in transportation. The TSI lab features eight professional LCD TVs to display and analyze traffic in real-timefrom traffic cameras. The lab also has high-end computerfacilities, including a server, desktops and workstations, a large-format scanner and a printer. The lab also houses a partial-cab research driving simulator to observe driver behaviour under various driving and traffic conditions.
Environmental: Our environmental engineering laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art instruments which are capable of analyzing physical, chemical and biological contaminants in any matrix, including water, wastewater, air and soil. Undergraduate and graduate research laboratories boast state-of-the-art equipment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Satisfactory completion of courses comprising between twelve and twenty-four term hours, depending on the term hour equivalence assigned to the mandatory thesis or major paper.
- A thesis may be equivalent to as many as eighteen term hours, and a major paper to as many as six term hours of the total minimum requirement of thirty term hours.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 117 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Canada
- A candidate for the degree of Master of Applied Science shall hold the degree of Bachelor of Applied Science from this University or an equivalent degree in Engineering or Applied Science. In addition, the applicant must have at least second-class standing or its equivalent in the final year and be recommended by the Program Graduate Committee in which the candidate plans to undertake studies.
- Applicants with degrees in related fields will be considered but will normally require strengthening of their background in Engineering. At the discretion of the Program, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) may be required.
- All applicants whose native language is not English are required to satisfy the English proficiency requirement..
- Possession of the minimum requirements does not automatically ensure acceptance.
International9250 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4625 CAD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National5590 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2795 CAD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.