The Periodontology programme of Universitat Internacional de Catalunya includes a theoretical module that covers clinical subjects related to periodontics, seminars that review and analyse contemporary and classic literature, courses on surgical and periodontal implantology, the relationship between periodontics and other specialised areas of dentistry, a study of clinical cases in periodontics, and clinical cases related to other areas of dental specialisation. During the practical part of this course students will receive training in all types of periodontal treatment and will carry out an individual research project in the area of periodontics and implantology.
The advanced training course in periodontology is designed to train dental professionals to be specialists in the field of periodontics and implantology. This programme will prepare these professionals for clinical practice, academic teaching, and research in periodontics.The programme consists of a theoretical programme that covers the clinical aspects of periodontics and includes seminars to review and analyse current and classic literature on periodontics, joint seminars on prosthodontics and periodontics, seminars on the interrelationship between periodontics and other dental specialities, presentations on clinical cases in periodontics, and joint clinical cases alongside other dental specialities. The practical side of the course includes treating all kinds patients with periodontal diseases, from basic treatments to periodontal and mucogingival surgery and implantology. Students will also be required to conduct a periodontal research project focusing on clinical issues and/or laboratory aspects, over the course of the three year programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Periodontology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Clinical Practice
- Periodontology-Orthodontics Clinical Cases
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Oral Medicine/Pathology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal interview: A personal interview will be held with the programme coordinator and course director. They will assess the academic merit and class rank of each candidate, as well as the ability to work in a team.
- Aptitude test: the aptitude test will last between 20 and 30 minutes. The test will be used to assess the abilities and skills of each candidate.
- TOEFL ≥ 85 or Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English ≥ 176.
- At least one year of work experience after obtaining the Degree in Dentistry
- Training in research and statistics will be viewed positively.
- Entrance exam based on chapters 1 to 8 (pages 1-516) of the book Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry by Lang and Lindhe.
International25640 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25640 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA25640 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25640 EUR per year and a duration of 36 months.
- First year: 25,640 EUR
- Second year: 24,840 EUR
- Third year: 21,001 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.