Craniomandibular dysfunction (CMD) and orofacial pain (OP) are highly prevalent in the general population as these syndromes include a large number of pathologies in the craniomandibular and cervical-scapular region (almost 100% of the population will suffer from OP at some point in their lives).
Within CMD and OP, the most significant conditions are craniomandibular/cervical muscle disorders and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction, neuropathic/neuralgic orofacial pain (mainly trigeminal neuralgia), and headaches (migraines, tension headache, and trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia). In Spain there is currently very little postgraduate training in the field of CMD and OP, and there is currently no full-time, in-person, official or non-official postgraduate course in this discipline of dentistry.
It is also important to mention that one of the main priorities of the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya is research in all areas of knowledge.
In this respect, the Master's in Craniomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain from UIC Barcelona focuses on 4 main lines of research:
- Neuropathic and neurovascular pain.
- The importance of psychological factors to temporomandibular joint dysfunction.
- Factors that increase CMD.
- Sleep disorders and oral health.
These lines of research follow current research trends in the foremost scientific institutions in the world in the fields of CMD and OP. One of the objectives of this Master's degree is therefore to encourage scientific curiosity among students by having them prepare literature reviews and plan and carry out clinical studies in some of these areas of research.
- Craniomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain
- Dental Sleep Medicine
- Final Master´s Degree Project (Cross Disc RES)
- In Craniomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain in Clinical Practice
- Laboratory Techniques in Craniomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain
- Research Methodology and Ethics(Cross Disc. RES)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Personal interview: A personal interview will be held with the Master’s coordinators. Students will be assessed on academic merit, teamwork and professional experience.
- Pre-registration sheet correctly filled in.
- Certified photocopy of the student’s corresponding degree certificate (with certification)*.
- Academic certificate of the student’s qualifications (original or certified photocopies).
- Photocopy of the student’s National Identity Document (DNI) or Passport.
- € 90** payable by bank transfer, with proof of payment. (Except former UIC undergraduate students).
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter/s of recommendation (not compulsory).
International9944 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9944 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA9944 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9944 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.