The Master in Advanced Automotive Engineering at University of Modena and Reggio Emilia - UNIMORE is aimed to provide knowledge and skills related to the design of motor vehicles and motorcycles that are high-performance and suitable for competitions. From hybrid and electric motor propellers to production systems with typical features of the new manufacturing 4.0 environment.
The international teaching staff includes highly experienced lectures and professionals. The number of places is limited to a maximum of 120 students and admissions are based on merit and interviews evaluating motivations and skills.
The programme requires student participation in numerous laboratory activities either on campus or on the premises of industrial partners, in line with a “learning by doing” approach. The programme also includes mandatory internships in private companies and lab-based thesis preparation activities carried out following a “project work” approach.
Advanced Automotive Engineers are able to plan, develop and manufacture the main sub-systems of cars and motorcycles, with particular reference to the premium market and to racing vehicles.
Depending on the chosen curriculum, a graduate in Advanced Automotive Engineering specializes in:
S/He is able to plan traditional and innovative propulsion systems paying attention to their optimization as well as to the control and solution of environmental and energetic issues;
- Architecture of ground vehicles
S/He is in charge of the set-up and development of vehicles, ranging from fundamental design aspects and up to the design of the main groups and “cold” sub-groups of high performance vehicles;
- Racing vehicle architecture
S/He is able to set up all the “cold” groups and sub-groups of racing vehicles. In particular, s/he specializes in aerodynamic aspects, employment of light materials (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Materials), and the design and conduction of experimental tests;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electric Drives
- Engine Components Design and Manufacturing/ Automotive Computer-Aided Design
- Internal combustion engines
- Automatic Controls
- Mechanical Transmissions
- Design and modeling of high-performance combustion systems
- Electric Propulsion System/Electromechanical Energy Storage and Conversion
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 51 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To join the Master's Degree Programme students:
- must have a bachelor's degree: to be admitted in Advanced Automotive Engineering students have to possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification, with a minimum score of 95/110 or not less than 86% of the maximun score available.
- are required for a suitable knowledge in basic sciences (mathematics, computing, statistics, physics and chemistry), and basic engineering subjects.
- are required for an appropriate knowledge of the English language at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International660 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 660 EUR per year during 24 months.
min. €660 - max. €2,000
Living costs for Modena
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.