Key factsThe Master of Science in Nursing from the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg by coursework and research report is a 2 year degree offered in a specialised field. Due to the comprehensive nature of the integrated learning component (practica) the duration of the course shall be two (2) academic years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Offered in the fields of:
- Advanced Psychiatric Nursing
- Child Nursing
- Infection Control
- Intensive Care
- Nursing Education
- Occupational Health Nursing
- Oncology and Palliative Care
- Trauma and Emergency Nursing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 268 other Masters in Health Sciences in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Any of the following may be admitted as a candidate for the degree provided that s/he is qualified for registration as a general nurse with the South African Nursing Council and provided that s/he has satisfied the Senate that s/he is qualified to undertake the line of study proposed or research (or both):
- The holder of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or a Bachelor of Nursing of the University.
- A graduate of any other university who has satisfied the Senate by means of a written or oral test (or both) or by means of any other mode of assessment to be determined from time to time by the Senate that s/he is qualified to undertake the line of study proposed or research (or both).
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.