The Advanced Motorsport Mechatronics programme offered by the Cranfield University focuses on the “mechatronics” aspect of the discipline, which is the engineering of advanced control systems, multi-domain computer modelling, in-vehicle communication networks, electromechanical and embedded systems, hardware-in-the-loop validation and systems integration.
Why this course?
This course aims to provide you with a sound understanding of the fundamental scientific, engineering and managerial principles involved in motorsport, and their implementation within a high performance technology context.
Students will cover design, testing and operation of competition vehicles, and related aspects of control engineering, computer modelling, embedded systems, alongside vehicle dynamics, vehicle systems, and management techniques related to motorsport.
You will be taught the skills required for the planning, execution and reporting of motorsport projects and to prepare them for a variety of roles in motorsport.
Motorsport is a highly competitive sector. Studying at Cranfield will immerse you in a highly focused motorsport engineering learning experience, providing you with access to motorsport companies and practitioners. Securing employment is ultimately down to the student who completes the job applications and attends the interviews. Successful students go on to be part of a network of engineers. You will find Cranfield alumni working across motorsport and the high performance engineering sector.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Motorsport
- Motorsport Electronics and Data Acquisition
- Motorsport Vehicle Dynamics
- Vehicle Control Applications
- The Business of Motorsport
- Motorsport Powertrain Design
- Mechatronics Modelling for Vehicle Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Mechatronics Transportation Engineering View 14 other Masters in Mechatronics in United Kingdom
- First or upper second class UK Honours or international equivalent in a relevant STEM discipline such as engineering, aerodynamics, physics or applied mathematics. You must have A-Level mathematics and physics, or their international equivalent.
- Selected UK students are expected to attend a formal interview at Cranfield. Selected overseas and EU students will be interviewed by telephone.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Masters Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Chevening Scholarships
- Cranfield Postgraduate Loan Scheme (CPLS)
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers Postgraduate Masters Scholarship
- IGEM Postgraduate Masters Scholarship
- Lendwise Postgraduate Student Loan
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.