The Petroleum Engineering programme of Clausthal University of Technology fulfills the demand for well-trained engineers in the field of petroleum technology and deep geothermal systems remains high.
Jobs and careers
With its strong focus on practical application, this program qualifies graduates to carry out independent work as well as planning and leadership roles in and around the globally active petroleum industry. Such tasks include assessment and evaluation of oil and gas reserves, development and economic production, treatment of oil and natural gas, and storage and transportation of marketable products. Additional fields of professional activity involve energy storage and the use of the inner earth for geothermal energy and geological sequestration of CO2.
Potential employers for graduates of the master’s program include:
- Companies in the petroleum industry
- Energy supply and storage companies
- Companies providing service and support functions for the industry
- Associations and public bodies
- Research facilities and universities
- Engineering firms
- Corporate consultancies
- Management, economics and law
- Advanced reservoir mechanics
- Advanced production and well planning
- Data acquisition and evaluation
- Reservoir modeling and simulation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 75 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
- Bachelor’s degree in energy and mineral resources (with a focus on petroleum engineering).
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in petroleum engineering from an accredited university (of applied sciences) or an equivalent qualification, in conjunction with good English skills. If the equivalence of the qualification is unclear, conditional admission may be possible.
International208 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 104 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA208 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 104 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.