The Electrical Engineering program of the Chung Yuan Christian University aims at training students to be intellectually, ethically, and professionally capable in the field of electrical engineering, and also at devoting its resources to academic research with the aim of serving the nation and society, and promoting the welfare of human beings. In terms of teaching, the Department of Electrical Engineering strives to balance both theory and practice, to develop independent thinking, innovation, and problem solving ability in students, and to encourage team spirit and respect for the profession; and subsequently lay down the foundation for a lifetime of learning and the ability to face the challenges of the 21st Century. In terms of research and service, the Department of Electrical Engineering strives to devote itself to relevant research fields in electronic engineering, pursue new knowledge, and cooperate with the needs of the nation and society to promote economical development and people`s well-being.
The professional fields of the faculty members cover all technologies of Electrical engineering including 3 main groups as below:
The research fields and courses of Power & Energy group of E.E. Dept. focus on Smart Grid, Microgrid, Intelligent Computation, Wind Power System, Solar Power System, Power Quality, Railway Power System, Power Electronics and Protective Relaying. Four laboratories are included: Intelligent System on Power Engineering Research Lab, Electrical Power and Environment Research Lab, Power System and Energy Research Lab and Smart Grid Research Lab.
The Communications and Control Systems group comprises two major research concentrations. The control systems concentration consists of four main laboratories: System Cybernetics Research Laboratory, Active Noise Control Laboratory, Modern Control & Application Laboratory, and Systems Control Laboratory. The main research areas are focus on advanced signal processing and control systems integration. The latest research encompasses wide range of designs including state-of-the-art medical devices, active noise control system, green energy conversion, robotics, and system estimation and identification.
There are five faculty members conducting researches in the concentration of Communications and Networking. Our research topics are focus on network coding, image processing, and system design of 5G mobile Communications. The main strengths and specialties include network security, software defined networking and FPGA system design for high-speed networking systems.
In this field, the research work includes two parts. One is called “analogue circuit design” and the other is called “Power Electronics“.
In analogue circuit design, a variety of Butterworth filters, Chebyshev filters, Elliptic filters, and quadrature oscillators, arbitrary-phase-shift oscillators are investigated, innovated, and improved.
- Power & Energy Group
- Communications & Control Systems Group
- Electronic Circuits Design Group
- The students can choose their research work from an exhaustive list of specialization including electrical power, power system and energy, smart grid, system cybernetics, active noise control, modern control and application, system control, computer network and system, coding theory, signal and processing, power electronics, analog circuit design research.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 3 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Taiwan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The completed and signed application form
- The original graduation diploma/certificate of undergraduate education received
- Official transcripts of academic records (undergraduate and graduate) from the university Registrar’s office
- Report of English language capacity test scores (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, TOIEC, etc.)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study Plan (including motivation, education & career goals, research interests, course-taking plan, etc.)
- Resume / CV (including education, research activities/publications, employment history, extra-curricular activities, and References – to compose it as a list)
- Autobiography (Introduce yourself - to compose it as an article)
- Financial statement
- Photocopy of the passport (identification page)
- Additional documents required by individual department/program (for example, Portfolio)
International4722 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2361 EUR per semester during 12 months.
National4722 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2361 EUR per semester during 12 months.
- NT$ 69,000/semester
Living costs for Taoyuan City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.