This online MSc Project Management course is designed to develop your personal and professional skills in areas such as communication, teamwork, leadership, critical evaluation and time management, alongside giving you practical techniques and in-depth knowledge of best practices when managing projects of any size.
Areas of study include:
- project management frameworks, methodology and techniques
- financial decision-making in the short and long term
- effective leadership and management within project teams
- the analytical tools available to manage a portfolio of projects
To complete your MSc Project Management studies, you will need to create a business and Management Research Report on the commercial or organisation issue of your choice within the scope of the program.
You will be encouraged to explore an area that has not been investigated previously and to create an independent study featuring inventive solutions to the problems posed.
Studying MSc Project Management online gives you the freedom to study when and where it suits you – at home, during your lunch hour or anywhere else you have internet access.
Our MSc Project Management is delivered through a virtual learning environment (VLE) instead of a traditional campus. This means you will have access to your study materials 24/7, including:
- multimedia lecturecasts made up of written content, short videos, animation, audio recordings, infographics, short tests and mini-assignments
- discussion forums for you to chat about the course content with fellow students
- live Q&A sessions with your tutors
- a comprehensive eLibrary of textbooks and academic journals
- support from academic staff and your personal Student Adviser during your MSc Project Management
To ensure you receive the support you need from your tutor, we cap our class sizes at 20 students.
Rather than fretting about exams, you will be assessed exclusively through assignments. This can be by engaging in discussion forums throughout your modules, completing reflective journal entries, or by submitting longer written pieces.
We are committed to providing frequent and transparent feedback through the following ways:
- Our assessment criteria are designed to be simple and transparent.
- You will always be aware of your current provisional grade, right from the start of the programme.
- You will be able to view your marks clearly in your gradebook whenever you log onto the learning platform.
- There is a 7-day turnaround for marking and feedback of assessed work.
- You will have regular contact with your Student Adviser, with whom you can discuss any concerns as soon as they arise during your MSc Project Management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The online MSc Project Management degree is made up of the following modules and, upon completion, is equal to a total of 180 credits at Level 7.Level 7 modules:
- Management: Principle and Practices (20 credits)
- Financial Decision Making (20 credits)
- Project Management Techniques (20 credits)
- Management of Projects (20 credits)
- Project Analytics (20 credits)
- Leading and Managing Project Teams (20 credits)
- Research Methods (20 credits)*
- Business and Management Research Report (40 credits)*
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the MSc Project Management award.
Project management skills are transferable to a wide range of industries. A postgraduate qualification is an ideal way to showcase this on your CV. Positions directly related to project management will see obvious benefit, and this MSc Project Management course is also of value to those working in management consultancy, finance, marketing, and sales.
Subject specialists, industry authorities and experienced academics: the tutors who teach modules on our MSc Project Management are experts in the field of project management.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesProject Management Business Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 173 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Senior level work experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5611 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11222 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5611 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11222 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Designated for postgraduate student loans in England.
- Simple monthly payment plan available, enabling you to spread the cost over the duration of your studies.
- Full payment discount of 10% of the tuition fee if you pay upfront.
- Partial scholarship available for international students residing in specific regions outside of the UK.
- Alumni discount of 10% of the tuition fee available if you are a previous graduate with the University of Essex or University of Essex Online.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.