Petroleum Engineering from Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) was developed to prepare scientists and engineers to be able to produce novel technological solutions for enhancing recovery of the existing hydrocarbon sources (secondary and tertiary recovery methods) and developing new methods for recovering unconventional hydrocarbon reserves (tight oils, heavy oils, bituminous sands, shale oil, gas hydrates, etc.).
- PhD positions in academic & research institutions;
- Specialist positions in related economy sectors: Petroleum industry; R&D; Consulting; Skolkovo resident companies and startups.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Permafrost and Natural Hydrates
- Modeling of Multiphase Flows
- Thermal Petrophysics and Geothermy
- Reservoir Rock Characterization
- Petrophysics and Well Log Interpretation
- Gas Recovery and Methane Hydrates
- Applied Geomechanics
- Petroleum Geophysics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 9 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in Russia
- Relevant bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent in physics, mathematics, geology, petroleum engineering and IT.
- If your education was not conducted in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Online Application
- Personal statement/Motivation letter (in English)
- Resume (in English)
- Two letters of recommendation (these should contain contact phone and/or e-mail of the recommender, if the letters are in Russian please make your own translation in English, scan in one file with the original and upload this way)
- If available: Diploma and/or current transcript
- If available: Official GRE scores (applications submitted with excellent GRE scores will increase the chance of acceptance)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
No tuition fee for applicants who pass the selection process
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.