Photonics and Quantum Materials from Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) aims to provide knowledge and lab expertise in photonics, biophotonics, and nanoelectronics, as well as to prepare students to apply fundamental science and engineering approaches to higher-level research and industrial tasks.
Students graduating with a Master of Science degree in Applied Mathematics and Physics are in great demand throughout the international high-tech market.
- PhD positions in academic & research institutions;
- Specialist positions in various economy sectors including Skolkovo resident companies and startups.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Mechanics and Kinetics
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Transport in Mesoscopic Systems
- Spectroscopy of Quantum Materials
- Laser Physics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics View 16 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Russia
- A Bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent in physics, chemistry, materials science or electronics.
- It is expected that applicants are able to demonstrate good knowledge of mathematics (calculus, ordinary differential equations, linear algebra, probability) and physics (general physics, electricity, quantum mechanics).
- If your education was not conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Online Application
- Personal statement/Motivation letter (in English)
- Resume (in English)
- Two letters of recommendation (these should contain contact phone and/or e-mail of the recommender, if the letters are in Russian please make your own translation in English, scan in one file with the original and upload this way)
- If available: Diploma and/or current transcript
- If available: Official GRE scores (applications submitted with excellent GRE scores will increase the chance of acceptance)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
No tuition fee for applicants who pass the selection process
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.