Having completed the Molecular Biology programme at Vilnius University , a graduate has deep knowledge in Molecular Biology, and is able to analyses and evaluate scientific and practical data, generate and implement scientific novelties in areas of modern life sciences, independently solve problems related to molecular biology, biotechnology and biomedicine.
- The graduate can work at research and medical institutions, biotechnological and pharmaceutical companies as well as at educational institutions.
- The graduate has the possibility to continue a scientific career in doctoral (PhD) studies in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Genetics, Microbiology, Biology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Cell Biology
- Genetics of Microorganisms
- Systems Biology
- Management in Modern Biotechnology Company
- Cancer Molecular Biology
- Term Research Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 4 other Masters in Microbiology in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have a Bachelor or equivalent degree in one of these fields: Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, and Biotechnology.
- English Language requirements: document providing the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference Languages (CEFR), or TOEFL score 75/IELTS score 6.
- Must have carried-out an experimental research work for a Bachelor’s thesis in the field of Molecular Biology or related sciences.
- At least 30 ECTS credits (the equivalent of not less than 5-7 subjects) during Bachelor studies should be dedicated to the studies of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Genetics.
- Applicant should have studied each of the subjects (Molecular biology, Cell biology, Biochemistry and Genetics).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The Grand Duchy of Lithuania Scholarship
- Tuition fee waivers and scholarships to apply before studies
- Scholarships to get during the study period
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.