The main goal of the Informatics study programme is offered at Vilnius University is to prepare highly qualified IT specialists, which can carry out independent research work, continue Doctoral studies in Lithuanian and foreign universities, as well as develop software development and maintenance projects, and successfully compete for IT jobs both in Lithuanian and foreign companies.
- After completing the Informatics study programme, a graduate can understand the involved processes of diverse computerized application areas and create their informational models, acquired sufficient professional competence and knowledge for performing complex tasks of computer systems' design and development.
- Informatics graduates can be employed as analysts, designers and programmers in large projects of private companies and/or research institutions, are capable of mastering new methods and technologies independently and applying them in practice.
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Data Mining
- Research Work
- Intellectual Systems
- Heuristic Algorithms for NP-complete Problems
- Methods of Cryptography
- Object Databases
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences IT Security View 5 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Lithuania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least first level studies leading with bachelor diploma are required. The general criterion for admission is to pass an entry exam covering the main topics of Informatics bachelor degree study program
- English language proficiency: the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe)
- Entrance examination is held by electronic means remotely
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The Grand Duchy of Lithuania Scholarship
- Tuition fee waivers and scholarships to apply before studies
- Scholarships to get during the study period
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.