The Genetics programme at Vilnius University provides the modern knowledge and practical skills in genetics necessary for an independent scientific and professional career in rapidly developing areas of genetic technologies, biomedicine and biotechnologies.
- A graduate can work in the field of the biotechnological and biomedical industry at research institutions of biomedical profile and educational institutions.
- Analytical knowledge could be improved in doctoral studies in fields of biology (genetics), molecular biology or biochemistry.
- Methods in Molecular Genetics
- Bioinformatic Analysis of Big Data
- Genome Evolution
- Data Analysis with R
- Laboratory Animal Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMicrobiology Health Sciences Genetics View 3 other Masters in Genetics in Lithuania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Life Sciences
- Following subjects or their close equivalents should be studied during Bachelor studies (no less than 30 ECTS credits totally): Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Cell Biology, Genetics, Bachelor Thesis (Project).
- English language proficiency – the level required - not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), or TOEFL score 75/IELTS score 6
- Applicants must submit a motivational letter for the study programme and at least one recommendation from his/her former supervisor or professor.
- Applicants may be asked to perform a motivational interview to evaluate their program selection factors and English language skills.
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The Grand Duchy of Lithuania Scholarship
- Tuition fee waivers and scholarships to apply before studies
- Scholarships to get during the study period
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.