A graduate of the Biophysics Master programme at Vilnius University will gain a good knowledge of general principles of operation and pathology in live systems, the capabilities and limitations of modern biophysical methods, principles of data analysis and planning of the scientific investigation.
Why this programme?
- An interdisciplinary study program combines the knowledge of biological systems with modern physics and chemistry methods, mathematical modeling, and data analysis.
- The study program can be individualized/specialized by choosing elective courses and lab for a research project.
- Research Project
- Biophysics of Sensory Systems
- Bioelectric Processes
- Cellular Biophysics
- Molecular Mechanisms of Signal Transduction
- Brain Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPhysics Biology Biotechnology View 6 other Masters in Physics in Lithuania
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Life or Social Sciences.
- Research-based bachelor’s thesis or at least 20 ECTS credits from practical experience in a research lab.
- English Language requirements: the applicant must present a document providing the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference Languages (CEFR), or TOEFL score 75/IELTS score 6.
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.