The Biochemistry Master at Vilnius University provides with research skills needed to know and understand modern methods and technologies necessary for creative development and implementation of scientific ideas.
Why this programme?
- The programme is devoted to students with in-depth knowledge in Chemistry, dedicated to excel in Life sciences and Biotechnology.
- Offers a modern, friendly and passionate study environment - our talented students are regular winners of iGEM - the largest world-wide scientific student competition.
- Opens avenues for your future career ranging from fundamental science to applied fields in local biotech companies ( e.g., world-class research groups of Institutes of LSC, in addition to recently established EMBL Partnership Institute; private companies - ThermoFisher Scientific and TEVA).
- Term Research Project
- Mechanisms of Organic Reactions
- Ecological Biochemistry
- Synthetic Biology
- Cancer Molecular Biology
- Enzymatic reaction mechanisms
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for Biochemistry master programme should have a Bachelor or equivalent degree in one of these fields: Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering.
- Applicants must have carried out experimental research work for a bachelor’s thesis in Biochemistry or related sciences.
- English Language requirements: the level not lower than B2 (following the Common European Framework of Reference Languages (CEFR), or TOEFL score 75/IELTS score 6.
- All applicants must take an entrance examination in Biochemistry.
- A successful applicant must answer at least half of the questions correctly.
The test is held online on 29 April / 21 June 2022. The syllabus of the examination can be provided upon request.
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.