Also, the Geosciences course at University of Minho aims to create motivation for a career in scientific research in geosciences, enhancing the potential of the research centres of the institution, through the integration of students in research projects.
The course of 120 ECTS (2 academic years) has 3 branches of specialization: External Dynamics and Global Change; Geological Heritage and Geoconservation; Valuation of Geological Resources. The first year is organized into 10 courses, 5 common to all the three branches and 5 courses specific to each branch of specialization. The second year is devoted to the development of a dissertation or individual project.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computer Resources and GIS Applied to Geosciences
- Depositional Environments
- Management and Recovering of Fluvial and Coastal Systems
- Relief and Landscape Evolution
- Research Technics in Geosciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The following documents must be uploaded to the application (please consider that they must have good quality):
- Learning Agreement for Studies/ for Traineeships, which needs to be signed, dated and stamped by the student and home institution
- Copy of ID card/Passport
- Home Transcript of Records
International1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.