Biotechnology at National Tsing Hua University bridges interdisciplinary research fields and closely connects to the biotech industry. Research interests of our faculty include finding novel biological targets for drug design, developing technologies for diagnostic/medical devices, biomedical imaging, and bioengineering.
These form a synergistic, multi-disciplinary effort to reach our long-term goal of developing marketable drugs and medical devices. Ultimately, we aim to play a major role in the development of Taiwan’s research-based biotech industry. One of the IBT’s major visions is to encourage our students to prepare themselves for career development in either industrial or academic tracks. Thus, the curriculum of IBT uniquely emphasizes both basic, applied, and the interdisciplinary fields. IBT at National Tsing Hua University plays a key role in training the future frontrunners of biotechnology.
- Aging and Stress Studies in Drosophila Melanogaster
- Modeling Human Diseases in Drosophila
- Special Topics in Growth Factor Signaling: Its Application in Cancer Therapy
- Special Topics on ER homeostasis Regulation
- Translational Cancer Research
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for bachelor degree programs must provide a photocopy of their high school diploma.
- Applicants for bachelor degree programs must submit an official high school transcript.
- Please provide a concise study plan with a maximum of three pages. In the study plan, applicants are encouraged to describe their motivation for choosing NTHU, and for choosing the specific department or program that they are applying. For graduate students, potential contribution to the department and research interests may also be included.
International1190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1190 USD per year during 12 months.
National1190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1190 USD per year during 12 months.
- NTD 33,000
Living costs for Hsinchu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.