The Master in Sustainable Built Environment is an international master's degree, whose language of teaching / learning is English. The student must have good knowledge of written and spoken English and must prove that he/she has this knowledge in order to be accepted. The main focus of this master course is to provide a specialized education that develops in the students the ability to contribute to the implementation of sustainability in the built environment. The specific objectives of the course are:
- To creat highly qualified professionals in sustainable construction who can carry out their professional activity in all countries of the world;
- Provide students with the means for them to develop their skills and deepen their knowledge in sustainable construction;
Learning outcomesThe first two semesters are dedicated to the curricular component and the third semester is devoted to the preparation of the master's dissertation. The student, after being enrolled at University of Minho, can attend one or two semesters at one of the partner institutions that have a collaboration agreement with the Master in Sustainability of the Built Environment.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Economic and Social Sustainability
- Environmental Principles
- Materials, Products and Systems for Sustainable Construction
- Performance of Buildings
- Sustainable Building Overview
- The Science of Sustainable Neighbourhoods
- Integrated Design Process
- Integrated Research Project
- Integrated Urban Project
- Methods and Tools
- Sustainable Renovation of Buildings
- Urban Sustainability Performance
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSustainable Development View 5 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The following documents must be uploaded to the application (please consider that they must have good quality):
- Learning Agreement for Studies/ for Traineeships, which needs to be signed, dated and stamped by the student and home institution
- Copy of ID card/Passport
- Home Transcript of Records
International1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.