There is a world, invisible to us but fascinating, present in everything that surrounds us. This is the micro and nano scale world. Micro/nano technologies are presently one of the main focus in research, development and innovation activities in all industrialized countries.
The investment in this area is growing year after year, we can already find several micro/nano industrial products, and it was predicted that this number will rise very rapidly. This is an expanding market, existing several products in which adding miniaturization, low consumption, and high performance at low cost represent decisive factors.
Micro and Nano Technologies applications at University of Minho comprehend a very large range with a considerable degree on interdisciplinarity and scientific areas. Examples of applications are biochemistry, biomedics, mechanics, optics, thermodynamics, aero spatial, telecommunications among others.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Microsystems and Microtechnologies
- Introduction to Nanotechnologies and Fabrication Techniques
- Nanomaterials and Nanosystems
- System Modeling and Simulation for Micro/Nano Technologies
- Characterization Techniques for Micro/Nano Structures
- Design and Layout of Integrated Circuits
- Functional Finishing in Active Textiles
- Micro/Nano Sensors and Actuators
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 26 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The following documents must be uploaded to the application (please consider that they must have good quality):
- Learning Agreement for Studies/ for Traineeships, which needs to be signed, dated and stamped by the student and home institution
- Copy of ID card/Passport
- Home Transcript of Records
International1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.