The sequencing process of the human genome constituted a very significant landmark in the history of science during the last century.
Having attained this goal, the focus of this Bioinformatics program at University of Minho has been placed on the capacity to make the data profitable, extracting new forms of knowledge, in order to better understand the molecular and cellular phenomena, while improving the medical and therapeutic diagnosis processes and the techniques used in Biotechnology.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- Algorithms for Biological Sequence Analysis
- Biochemical Engineering
- Bioinformatics Laboratory
- Cellular and Molecular Engineering
- Statistical Methods for Bioinformatics
- Advanced Algorithms of Bioinformatics
- Biological Process Modeling
- Genetical Engineering
- Knowledge Extraction from Biological Databases
- Project of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Biotechnology Bioinformatics
The following documents must be uploaded to the application (please consider that they must have good quality):
- Learning Agreement for Studies/ for Traineeships, which needs to be signed, dated and stamped by the student and home institution
- Copy of ID card/Passport
- Home Transcript of Records
International1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.