The Mathematical Finance Programme from the ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management aims to:
- Form quantitative analysts with a strong knowledge of analytical, statistical, and computational tools, which can be applied to financial modeling
- Contribute to the education of top level practitioners with leadership ability, who are capable of promoting innovation;
- Promote innovation and scientific research in Applied Mathematics and support the education of university teachers whose activity of research in the areas of Financial Mathematics are relevant for the University, in collaboration with the business world.
There is a steady demand for financial mathematicians all over the world. The holder of the MMF degree is prepared for the challenge of the pressing needs of the financial sector, both at the national and international level.The main employers of our Masters students are:
- Investment companies
- Consultancy companies
Employability is a key distinctive factor of the ISEG MMF, with 100% of graduates being placed soon after obtaining their degree, some of them even during their Masters Final Work. Employment includes working for the major financial centres of the world, such as London, Bristol, Madrid, Frankfurt and Luxembourg.
AccreditationISEG is internationally recognized for its high standards in teaching and research: the school is accredited by AACSB (Association of Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business) and AMBA, a distinction held by only 5% of business schools in the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Methods in Finance
- Financial Markets and Instruments
- Programming Techniques
- Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Stochastic Calculus
- Financial Econometrics
- Foundations of Finance Theory
- Numerical Methods in Finance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1 st Phase 23 November to 28 February
- 2 nd Phase 1 March to 30 April
- 3 rd Phase 1 May to 13 June (Applications by international student (outside Europe) are not recommended during the 3 rd Phase, on account of the time it takes to issue visas)
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Financial Mathematics View 11 other Masters in Mathematics in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Masters in Mathematical Finance is designed to further the education in quantitative finance of students who already have a Bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Finance or Management. Strong analytical skills are recommended in order to keep up with the challenging workload.
- Throughout the programme, students benefit from contact with financial institutions, by means of seminars by top level practitioners and through Internships, which usually result in offers of employment.
- Students who wish to pursue Third Cycle studies in this area will be greatly encouraged by the syllabus of our Masters.
International3375 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6750 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA2875 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5750 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- EU/EEA : 1st year - €3750, 2nd year - €2000
- International: 1st year - €4250, 2nd year - €2500
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.