The Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (for third level teachers) programme of University College Cork Online is grounded in the research principles of a scholarship of teaching and learning approach.
The Aims and Objectives of the programme are summarised as follows:
- Knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning theories in the context of higher education
- Understanding and appreciation of the needs of diverse learners and skills to respond to these needs
- Understanding of the role of an academic as university teacher
- Knowledge, understanding and skills of course planning, course design and course evaluation
- Knowledge and understanding of various teaching strategies appropriate to different disciplines and subject areas
- Knowledge and understanding of teaching as a form of scholarship within the university
- Knowledge and understanding of the various forms of documentation of the scholarship of teaching
- Knowledge and understanding of technology-enhanced learning and the development of an online community of practice
- Knowledge and understanding of various modes and techniques of student assessment
Why Choose This Course
This programme provides teachers in higher education with an ideal opportunity to learn to research their teaching and look for the evidence of student learning. Such qualifications are now used as criteria for career progression and promotion. Most importantly, teachers sustain a reflective practice approach as researchers of teaching and learning. All third level teachers can benefit from the programme.
Skills and Careers Information
Staff taking this course do so to enhance and research their teaching. It is an important step in a lecturer’s career trajectory, opening up opportunities for collaboration and development and promotion.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Practice Approaches to Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 4 other Masters in Teaching in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The programme is intended for teachers in higher education institutions who have an active teaching timetable and could, therefore, review their courses and look for the evidence of student learning. The minimum academic entry requirement is an undergraduate degree or equivalent.
EU/EEA1800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1800 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.