English Studies from University of Macau is designed to develop your knowledge of the language and literatures of the English-speaking world. You will expand your knowledge of English linguistics and literature and develop your skills in reading, writing, speaking and critical analysis.
After the course you will be better equipped for further academic study, or for a professional career in a world where a deep knowledge of English is increasingly a passport to success. The programme benefits from the presence of staff members who can all draw on international experience of research and teaching.
Postgraduate study at the MA level is the gateway to the PhD, which is essential to those seeking to enter the academic profession. A high-level understanding of the English language, and of language and mediation more generally, contributes to success in many administrative and business pursuits.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Linguistics Research Methods
- Comparative Chinese–English Structure
- Course Design for English Language Learning’
- Current Trends and Issues in Language Learning
- Descriptive Linguistics
- First Language Acquisition
- Language Variation
- Materials Design and Evaluation
- Syntax – The Structure of English
- Discourse Analysis
- Evaluation and Assessment of Language Use
- Children’s Literature
- China in English Literature
- Cinema Studies
- Colonial and Postcolonial Writing
- Cultural Theory and Literary Criticism
- Drama & Theatre Studies
- Eighteenth-Century English Literature
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 4 other Masters in Languages in Macao (SAR)
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or academic background recognized as equivalent by the University of Macau. An applicant may also be required to possess other knowledge or professional experience.
- Applicants should have achieved the equivalent of an overall result of Grade C+ or better in the Bachelor’s degree studies.The equivalent means 2.3 on the 4.0 GPA scale, 14 on the 20-point scale or 70 out of 100.
- Proof of English Proficiency - Obtained a Level 6 of the College English Test (CET) score of 430 or; Obtained a TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based examination)/ 80 (Internet-based examination) or; An IELTS overall score of 6.0 or above with no sub-score lower than 5.5 or; Passed the Level 4 or Level 8 of the Test for English Majors (TEM).
International14348 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14348 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
National11470 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11470 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National students tuition for Mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong Students - 102,600 MOP
- Macao students - 72,000 MOP
- International students - 128,340 MOP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.