The Design Engineering department at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science offers three tier structure of education i.e., B.E (Hons), M.E and PhD programmes. M.E. Mechanical with specialization in Thermal Engineering is exclusively offered by Hyderabad campus. The department has 11 well established laboratories. Each lab is equipped with facilities which caters to both teaching and research needs. Mechanical engineering department faculties are involved with Industry as well as government sponsored projects in various fields of their expertise. The department is currently involved in projects worth Rs. 6 Crore. (Undergoing and sanctioned) in various research areas of the faculty.
- Thrust Areas of Research :
- CAD/CAM, Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing
- Casting and Welding, Solidification processes
- Computational Fluid Dynamics and Computational Heat Transfer
- Material Tensile Strength Characterization at High Strain rates and Temperatures
- Nano Materials & Bio Materials
- Product Design and Manufacturing
- Refrigeration and Comfort Conditioning from Unconventional Energy Sources, Renewable Energy Sources, Solar energy
- Robotics, Mechatronics and Artificial Intelligence
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Materials Testing and Technology
- Mechanism and Robotics
- Finite Element Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign General Engineering & Technology Artificial Intelligence View 13 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online Application procedure
- Copy of 10th class mark sheet / certificate for date of birth .
- Copy of the transcript and degree of Qualifying Examination,such as B.E /
- Tech or its equivalent. If the degree copy is not available, at the time of applying, fax /email this as soon as the same is available. If the transcript is not available, Mark sheets of all semesters / years of the qualifying degree should be submitted.
- Copy of the ID for U.A.E Nationals. For candidates with other nationalities, passport copy (first 3 pages and last page), and U.A.E visa page if holding U.A.E. residence visa. Candidates , who do not possess a valid passport at the time of applying, must enclose a declaration along with the Application, that they will fax the required Passport pages on or before the last date. word statement of purpose describing what you propose to achieve by doing this programme and your ultimate goal.
- Application Fee of 220 AED (60$)
International8438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4219 USD per semester during 24 months.
National8438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4219 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 15500 AED per semester
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.