The Computer Science and Information Systems department at the Birla Institute of Technology and Science started admitting students in the year 2008 in B.E (Hons) Computer Science, M.Sc(Tech) Information Systems, M.E(Computer Sc), and Ph.D.(CS) degrees. From the academic 2013-14, we started offering a new program M.E(Computer Sc with specialization in Information Security) for B.Sc(Maths and Physics) graduates, to cater to the present day requirements for skilled IT Professionals in the field of Information Security. The department has a vibrant student strength of about 600. The department has a good mix of faculty with experience from reputed academic institutes and industry. The department offers a wide range of courses spanning areas like Algorithms, Theoretical Computer Science, Computer Architecture and Organization, Systems and Networks, Databases, Software engineering and Soft computing. The department lays emphasis on hands-on aspects through laboratories, computer oriented projects, research presentations to make the students industry-ready. The department consistently attracts top BITSAT scorers every year. The Department is committed to achieving high standards of excellence in academic and research activities over the coming years.
The department has faculty expertise at Ph.D. level with research focus on Systems & Computer Networks, Algorithms and Theoretical Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems including databases and Computer Applications (AI, Robotics, Graphics, etc). The department has full time research scholars as well as part time research scholars. The full time scholars pursue their research in these areas with funding from BITS, TCS, UGC, DeitY, Pregress Software, Intel and other agencies. Faculty from the department have research collaboration with several universities in India and abroad. Under Graduate and Post Graduate students participate in research activities of faculty members.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Computer Networks
- Advanced Algorithms Complexity
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Research Practice
- Network Security
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 14 other Masters in Software Engineering in United Arab Emirates
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online Application procedure
- Copy of 10th class mark sheet / certificate for date of birth .
- Copy of the transcript and degree of Qualifying Examination,such as B.E /
- Tech or its equivalent. If the degree copy is not available, at the time of applying, fax /email this as soon as the same is available. If the transcript is not available, Mark sheets of all semesters / years of the qualifying degree should be submitted.
- Copy of the ID for U.A.E Nationals. For candidates with other nationalities, passport copy (first 3 pages and last page), and U.A.E visa page if holding U.A.E. residence visa. Candidates , who do not possess a valid passport at the time of applying, must enclose a declaration along with the Application, that they will fax the required Passport pages on or before the last date. word statement of purpose describing what you propose to achieve by doing this programme and your ultimate goal.
- Application Fee of 220 AED (60$)
International8438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4219 USD per semester during 24 months.
National8438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4219 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 15500 AED per semester
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.