Professional opportunities might include: Fine arts, Graphic arts, Illustration, Fashion, interior design, Advertising and Teaching (which may require additional credentials).
Master of Fine Arts recipients are also qualified to work in a variety of employment capacities in Arts Administration, Program Development, Travel and Tourism.
Students in the MFA in Studio Art or Photography from Warnborough College Ireland will also work in museums, galleries and a host of arts organizations. The MFA program includes in-depth courses on the business of being an artist.
How Will I Learn?This program is offered via distance learning, or via a fully open-learning version (on-site and virtual). Regardless of the venue, MFA candidates will be expected to complete a substantial and significant body of work independently. All students work independently under the guidance of a mentor or tutor. We expect students to be motivated and have plenty of initiative, as ‘spoonfeeding’ is not encouraged.
On-site and virtual courses will be taught in atelier style. All graduates will be required to submit a professional portfolio, as per standards established by the art department and Warnborough College, and to complete program projects.
In addition, students will be required to participate in a graduate exhibit. The Canterbury Arts Conference is sponsored by Warnborough College Ireland each year, and students are actively encouraged to participate in this. It is a great opportunity to present research or workshops, and to meet other like-minded contacts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studio Methods, Practices and Procedures
- Critical Terminology for Art Studio Majors
- Building a Portfolio
- Cultural History of Art for Fine Arts Majors
- The Business of Being an Artist
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start Date: 1st of any month
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 18 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates should possess at least a recognised undergraduate degree in the same or related discipline. We are willing to consider other criteria for admission on an individual basis.
- A full curriculum vitae/resumé.
- A brief autobiography.
- A brief research proposal, if you are choosing either research or projects options.
- Copies of all academic transcripts. Please include English translations if your transcripts are in another language.
- Two references. From employers, business partners, and/or academics.
- A scanned copy of your passport or government-issued ID showing your name, date of birth and photograph.
- Two passport-size photographs (if you are posting a paper application).
- Application fee of €100.
- All other relevant and related information or documentation (e.g. scholarship requests, etc.)
International80 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 80 EUR per credit and a duration of 20 months.
EU/EEA80 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 80 EUR per credit and a duration of 20 months.
- €80* per ECTS credit / €160 per US credit
- *Fees refer to tuition only. It does not include ancillary expenses such as required materials (see above), textbooks, internet connections, postage, telephone calls, insurance and printing.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.