The Master of Science/Postgraduate Diploma in Advancing Health and Social Care aims to provide you with concepts, theories and academic skills to contribute to an agenda of change in your organisation. This master programme in Advancing Health and Social Care is offered by the Letterkenny Institute of Technology.
The modules will allow you to critically explore, assess, evaluate and enhance your area of professional expertise and interest, with a final module - Research Dissertation - enabling you to complete research in a topic of relevance to your area of expertise.
Topics covered include: Advanced Research Methods, Behaviours of Concern, Contemporary Legal & Professional Issues and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy & Mindfulness.
The main employers are:
- Adult Services
- Health Awareness Bodies
- Care of the Elderly
Graduate careers typically include:
- Senior Nurse Manager
- Social Worker
- Senior Health & Social Manager
- Early Childcare Education Manager
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Professional Leadership & Management
- Behaviours of Concern
- Contemporary Legal & Professional Issues
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy & Mindfulness
- Teaching & Learning
- Sustainability in Healthcare
- Creativity in Relation to Therapeutic Settings
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 151 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum entry requirements are a Level 8 Honours Degree in a relevant discipline such as Health & Social Care, Nursing, Early Childhood Care, Social Work, Youth Work etc. Applicants may be required to undertake an interview. RPL will be considered in accordance with the Quality Assurance of LYIT.
- Applicants for this programme are required to undergo Garda Vetting. For any programme where Garda Vetting is required, non-EU applicants will not be considered unless/until the pool of qualified EU applicants has been exhausted.
- Applicants wishing to pursue this programme must complete a Health Declaration.
- The work placement modules are an integral part of the course.
- Students will be required to undertake mandatory training as outlined by the course schedule. This is required prior to students going on placement.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA5750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5750 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Letterkenny
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.