Water Management and Environmental Engineering from University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (BOKU) aims to educate and train engineering experts with excellent skills in technical planning and a solid understanding of environmental processes with consideration of the interaction between water, soil and atmosphere. The gained knowledge will enable the graduates to develop and enhance the social and environmental well-being of human society by means of sound and sustainable technologies in the water sector.
As a graduate of the international master program “Water Management and Environmental Engineering” students gain a wide range of technical, academic and interpersonal skills enabling them to obtain top professional positions at the national and international level.
The possibilities for employment are manifold in the fields of
- private enterprises like planning bureaus, civil engineers and consultancies,
- in public services like research institutions and water management boards,
- in public administration like environmental ministries and local governments,
- in non governmental organizations (NGO) and development cooperations and
- in international environmental agencies e.g. EU.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- UE Planning and design in water supply and wastewater treatment
- Sanitary engineering
- Modelling in sanitary engineering
- Industrial water management
- Water resources management in developing cooperation
- Biology, chemistry and microbiology for civil engineering
- Rural water management
- Soil conservation and soil protection
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management View 3 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Applicationform
- evidence of previous studies (bachelor degree, diploma)
- transcript stating subjects, marks, ECTS and contens of teaching
- Evidence of adequate proficiency of English (for English-language Master programmes)
- evidence of adequate proficiency in German A2 or C1
- Adequate English proficiency: Level B2/C1/ Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English/ Evidence of adequate proficiency of English - IELTS Academic results 6.0 or better and TOEFL (paper based 577 or computer-based 233 or 90-91 internet based)
- Fulfillment of the special University entrance qualification
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.