The MSc Hydro Science and Engineering programme of International Institute Zittau, Central Academic Unit of TU Dresden is divided into a basic programme and an advanced programme during the first three semesters. A final semester is dedicated to the master's thesis.
General information for the degree programme
During the basic programme (first semester), students take classes in statistics, climatology and hydrology, geodesy and soils. Students with a degree in sciences need to take classes in hydromechanics and hydraulic engineering, students with a degree in engineering need to study ecology and hydrochemistry.
During the advanced programme (second and third semester) students need to choose five modules out of the following possibilities:
- climatic change and socio-economy;
- groundwater (land use systems and soil water management);
- ecotoxicology/water quality management/limnology;
- systems analysis and hydro dynamics;
- watershed management;
- contaminants in aquatic systems and drinking water treatment;
- urban water;
- biotechnology and contaminated site treatment, etc.
- Climatology and Hydrology
- Hydraulic Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Climate Studies & Meteorology Natural Resource Management View 13 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- a first university degree in a science or engineering degree (e.g. in Hydrology, Meteorology, Geography, Geology, Chemistry, Biology, Water management, Construction engineering, Waste management and contaminated sites, Landscape architecture, Forestry and agricultural engineering, Environmental engineering or related study courses),
- English language skills at the C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (evidenced by a language certificate like TOEFL, IELTS, UNIcert®)
- proof of basic knowledge of Mathematics and the Natural sciences to be tested in an aptitude test.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EUR 276.10 semester fee
Living costs for Dresden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.