The MSc Ecosystem Services from TU Dresden combines the natural and social sciences expertise of the International Institute (IHI) Zittau and the Faculty of Environmental Sciences at TU Dresden, the Senckenberg Museum of Natural History in Görlitz, and the Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development (IOER) in Dresden.
The global loss of biodiversity and ecosystem degradation are among the grand challenges of global environmental change. In this context, ecosystem services as the direct and indirect contributions of ecosystems for human well-being are gaining increasing attention in science, policy and society. Identifying, mapping and assessing ecosystem services as well as capturing their values in public and private decision-making are important objectives of national,
European and international biodiversity and sustainability strategies. At the global level, this demanding task is not least part of the working programme of the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES). IPBES is an intergovernmental body which assesses the state of biodiversity and of the ecosystem services it provides to society, in response to requests from decision makers.
- Research and education (universities, research centres, industry)
- Public administration (e.g., environmental and conservation ministries, public agencies)
- Business; Economic and policy consultancy
- International organisations (e.g., UNEP, FAO, World Bank)
- Non-governmental organisations (e.g., conservation NGOs, such as WWF, IUCN)
- Scientific management
- Basics of Ecosystem Services
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Governance
- Ecological Economics
- Applied Ecology
- Environmental Social Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesGeography Biology Environmental Sciences View 32 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Degree in life or environmental sciences, economics, social sciences, geography, agricultural or forestry sciences or related fields
- English skills, at least equal to a B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, shown by a certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EUR 276.10 semester fee
Living costs for Zittau
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.