HBKU’s Genomics and Precision Medicine (GPM) programs are multidisciplinary graduate courses that have been designed to prepare the next generation of professionals and leaders, who will help implement the use of precision and personalized medicine in the healthcare system.
The Genomics and Precision Medicine program of the Hamad Bin Khalifa University offers students advanced knowledge and training in state-of-the-art information gathering and analysis technologies in order to integrate “omics” – the branch of biology that deals with data on global changes at the molecular level in patients – with clinical data.
- The exploration of a rigorous curriculum and practical training designed to provide a strong foundation, as well as cutting-edge knowledge, in both theoretical and applied aspects of genomics and precision medicine.
- Students will be exposed to the latest advancements in the field of genomics and precision medicine and will explore state-of-the-art basic, clinical, technological, computational, and legal and ethical aspects of a fascinating, fast- expanding sector of the life sciences.
- Throughout their studies, students will examine aspects of the four main pillars of genomics and precision medicine: clinical aspects, technology, “omics”, and bioethics.
- Five mandatory foundation courses
- Attendance at departmental seminars
- A minimum of three elective courses
- Thesis work and laboratory training
- A strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA out of 4) from a recognized university.
- A strong background in science and evidence of coursework in biological or medical sciences.
- Applicants are required to submit a valid IELTS score of 6.5 or TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English.
- Official electronic copies of transcripts should be submitted as part of the online application.
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation.
- Applicants should submit a personal statement as part of the online application.
- Applicants should submit a copy of their current resume or curriculum vitae as part of the online application.
- All applicants should submit an electronic copy of their passport as part of the online application.
International25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- QAR 182,500 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.