The Manufacturing Engineering degree at McMaster University exists to provide a high quality educational experience to graduate engineers in the constantly evolving area of manufacturing; to provide an opportunity for both industrial experience and intellectual flexibility while earning a master’s degree; and to give graduates a focused management experience with concepts including six-sigma production, lean production, just-in-time and more.
Manufacturing is an exciting career
- Build a successful career in the manufacturing industry anywhere in the world. If you love to design and operate resource-efficient manufacturing plants this is the program for you.
- The manufacturing sector offers many career opportunities for engineers in discrete manufacturing (e.g. from consumer products to aircraft), and in process industries (e.g. from petrochemicals to food production). Our program builds on Ontario’s deep history of high-quality manufacturing.
- If you're interested in pursuing a career in discrete manufacturing or continuous process manufacturing, you may choose this program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discrete manufacturing concentration focuses on production of finished products that are distinct items which one can count, touch or see. Examples might include electronic components, automotive parts, or home appliances.
- They can be fully assembled finished products or individual products or parts that will be assembled into a packaged good.
- Process manufacturing plants make products by mixing, chemical conversion or by heating. They include production of energy, chemicals, plastics, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, metals and building materials.
- This product may become packaged goods immediately (such as food and beverage) or materials that will be used in discrete manufacturing (such as metals or building materials).
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 41 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements. Please review the program website for details.
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s. Please contact the program for specific details.
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11296 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5648 EUR per semester during 12 months.
National2814 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1407 EUR per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.