The program consists of a course and project based MSc . Research is conducted with faculty using McMaster radiation facilities or at industrial partners facilities. Some students are presently working in the Health Physics field in industry and pursue the program part-time.
At the McMaster University we offer a master degree in Health and Radiation Physics.
Brachytherapy radioisotopes, β interface dosimetry, imaging dose distributions, neutron micro-dosimetry; Nuclear and atomic techniques used for analysis of both trace toxic elements and major components of human body composition; Development of novel radiopharmaceuticals and medical use of radioisotopes in diagnosis and therapy; Novel methods of imaging bone architecture and joint structure non-invasively; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; DNA damage and DNA repair processes in carcinogenesis; Adaptive response, genomic instability and bystander effect in radiation risk assessment of human and non-human biota; Laser and light propagation in tissue for photodynamic therapy and tissue characterization; Skeletal muscle function and the mechanisms of repair/regeneration; Radiation ccident dosimetry; Advanced methods of optimization for intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and gel dosimetry
More informationVisit official programme website
- Medical Health Physics
- Advanced Radiation Physics
- Introduction to Operational Health Physics
- Medical Imaging Systems
- Isotopes In-Vivo
- Monte Carlo simulation for Medical, Health and Radiation Physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 31 other Masters in Health Management in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.