You will systematically develop your ability to analyse complex contexts and thus solve difficult problems. In doing so, you will pave the way for challenging, interdisciplinary activities. The master degree in Engineering is offered at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland.
At the heart of the course is individual specialisation within a given subject area. This specialisation is achieved by theoretical and practical work in a Master's Research Unit (MRU), where you are accompanied and supported by a personal advisor throughout your entire course, so that you can acquire a unique and highly developed skills set by participating in a range of research projects.
- Master's graduates possess the tools to take on positions of responsibility in research, industry and administration.
- They are able to take on both challenging activities in a specialist field, as well as management tasks and responsibility for interdisciplinary projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory modules include technical/scientific specialisation modules and advanced theoretical foundation modules. Both further the acquisition of a lasting stock of knowledge and foster the capacity for abstract thought.
- The theory modules are offered in the immediate vicinity of Zurich central station. Master's students make their selection in consultation with their advisors, taking the requirements into consideration.
- 24 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 12 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The master's degree is aimed to graduates with a good first degree(ECTS Grade A or B).
The field of study must be appropriate to the area of expertise in the selected technical specialisation. Those who possess equivalent credentials (e.g. a degree from a technical college or university of applied sciences) can also be admitted to the degree course.
- An aptitude test is carried out after application. If required, an additional admission interview may be arranged.
- The MSE is normally taken immediately after a bachelor's degree . More detailed clarification is necessary if the applicant has worked for several years in the interim.
International1310 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1310 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.