What makes this programme unique?
Located in the dynamic Öresund Region, the programme is linked to Malmö's urban environment and its position as a multicultural, innovative and sustainable city. Throughout the programme, both Scandinavian and international contexts are used as case studies, and the programme is carried out in close collaboration with industry partners such as local organisations.
The Sport in Society (Two-Year) programme from Malmö University strives to offer an international classroom practise and brings together students from different backgrounds. This allows you to deepen your knowledge and gain an overview based on the academic backgrounds and practical experience of other students, which will allow you to work transculturally in your future profession.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sport in Society - to Address Challenges
- Globalisation, Sport and Health
- Perspectives on Sport in a Changing World
- Sport Governance – from Local to International
- Sport and Sustainable Development
- Research Methods in Sport Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 5 other Masters in Sports Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree with at least 180 credits or an equivalent foreign degree, a minimum of 90 credits in sport science, sport studies, sport and exercise science, sport management, sport business, human movement studies, kinesiology, physical education, sport politics, sport coaching, sport psychology, public health, exercise and nutrition, recreation management or equivalent.
- The equivalent of English B / English 6 in Swedish secondary school.
International7873 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15747 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Full tuition Fee: 160.000 SEK
Living costs for Malmö
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.